Co-operative Insurance yesterday launched a “great grocery giveaway”: £50 in Co-op food vouchers if you take out a new car or home policy directly, or £20 for new direct pet insurance customers.
The offer is valid until November 19 2015 and was apparently rather popular last time.
Co-operative Insurance is the highest scoring insurance provider for ethics on the website Ethical Consumer, scoring 13 out of 20, making it the most guilt-free way to protect your valuables.
But what of the competitiveness of premiums? That’s decent too, says Andrew Hagger, of Moneycomms: “Co-operative are pretty good for both motor and home insurance – never the absolute cheapest, but pretty much always in the top 20% on price, so I’d say yes, they are competitive and an extra £50 incentive makes them well worth a closer look.”
Because insurance premiums are tailored to your individual circumstances, the Co-op deals will not be competitive for everyone, so it is worth using a comparison service such as Moneysupermarket.com or gocompare.com to compare a Co-op quote with the best of the rest…
… But if the premium quoted for you is no more than £50 more expensive annually and is roughly like-for-like in terms of the level of cover, then it might well be worth considering the added bonus of the £50 of Co-op food shopping – as well as the moral brownie points.
– You have to keep the policy for at least 30 days to qualify.
– The offer is available online at: http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk or by calling 03457 46 46 46 for car and home insurance. For pet insurance call 0330 102 1531.
The Co-operative pet, car and home insurance includes the following features:
Pet Insurance is provided, underwritten and administered by Allianz.
- Classic cover provides up to £2,000 for the treatment of each separate illness and injury.
- Select cover offers a comprehensive lifetime plan providing up to £5,000 each year to treat all illnesses and injuries (an additional £750 is provided for complementary treatment).
For more information see: http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/petinsurance/compare-pet-insurance
- Up to 70% No Claim Discount for 5 or more claim free years.
- Courtesy car provided as standard whilst yours is being repaired by a Co-operative approved repairer.
- 8 days full policy cover in the EU.
- 24-hour accident recovery service.
- Defaqto 5 Star rated insurance cover.
- Exclusive rewards for customers with offers and discounts on a range of products and services with The Co-operative Insurance Rewards.
Other optional extras are available. See: http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/carinsurance for further details.
- Up to £500,000 re-buildings costs to cover against loss or damage to the structure of your home.
- Accidental damage cover for underground pipes, drains and cables.
- Cover for domestic outbuildings at your home address, including sheds, garages and greenhouses. Property owner’s liability – up to £2m plus legal costs.
- New for old replacement of items (except household linen and clothing).
- Personal and occupation liability up to £2m plus legal costs.
- Up to £2,000 cover from theft from domestic outbuildings.
- Up to £5,000 cover for office equipment in the home.
- Up to £500 cover for visitors personal belongings (limit per visitor).
- Choose from 4 levels of high risk item limits (£6,000, £9,000, £12,000 or
- £15,000) – tailor your policy to your needs by choosing the adequate level of cover for your valuables
For more information on home insurance see: http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/homeinsurance