Its tariffs are usually around double the UK average renewable energy mix as standard (about 33% currently) and they are price competitive, arguably breaking the stranglehold of the Big Six providers more than any other challenger.
Besides its own tariffs, Ovo is launching partnerships with local councils to deliver local energy tariffs. The ones it has already launched, with Peterborough and Southend, are super cheap.
It runs the “Ovo Foundation” with a focus on the environment, youth poverty and education.
In short, they are ticking all our boxes and making us feel a bit tingly too.
Ovo – just don’t mess it up!
Latest from the Ovo blog.
Taken from the website:
OVO Energy Key Stats
- A leading independent energy supplier founded in 2009 by entrepreneur Stephen Fitzpatrick
- Half a million domestic customers (1.6% share of the UK energy retail market)
- 850 employees – 750 in Bristol and 100 in London
- Grown by more than 200% in the past 18 months
- Customers switching from the Big Six to OVO could save up to £225 per year*
- The only supplier to offer 3% interest on credit in accounts**
- Our standard tariffs (Better and Simpler) have 33% renewable electricity content and our Greener tariff has 100% renewable electricity content
- Three OVO Communities partnerships with Cheshire East Council, Peterborough City Council and Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
- Protected over 100,000 acres of precious rainforest in South America through our partnership with Cool Earth
- First ever energy supplier to be awarded Which? Recommended Energy Provider status
- UK’s 25th best company to work for (Sunday Times Best Companies 2015)
- Topped 10 of the 12 award categories at the 2014 uSwitch Energy Awards, including value for money and customer service
- Topped the 2014 Money Saving Export poll for customer service, with 82% of customers giving us a “great” rating
- 10th fastest growing private company in the UK (Sunday Times FastTrack 100 2014)
- Stephen Fitzpatrick named ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ (Telegraph National Business Awards 2014)